Sunday, October 28, 2012

Love in the Details...

They say that neighborhoods like this don't exist anymore...I know differently.  There are 6 women who stand outside in the cul de sac afternoon after afternoon, evening after evening, chatting amidst a thousand interruptions, refereeing kick ball, cleaning up boo boos and planning cookouts and good excuses to "get together."  I am the 7th woman in the group and they planned a "get together" without my input or really any knowledge of the game plan.  When I walked in, I was choked up.  Several times that night.  Had to tell a story or focus on something else not to cry.  The love was in the details.  A fancy dinner party China baby shower for the moms to dress up and sit down.  Just us.  Quite possibly the nicest party I have ever been thrown.  There is a gem of a lady named Amanda who organized it.  Any amazing picture on our blog or facebook of our family; she likely took.  She pulled this off in the midst of a move and travel, along with those other superstar moms that I love.  They really are phenomenal in what they do in daily life.  Phenomenal in how they blessed me beyond anything I could have asked for.  Thank you for such a special night...

Elegant place settings...nicer than a restaurant!

Food Table stocked with my favorite Chinese food!



Every little detail covered...

This special detail decoration was given to me after the party...It is me with my 4 little ones.  Here's hoping that my eating habits in China produce a far less oval looking mama! 


Even bubble bath for favors...Claire especially loved this!


My friends know me well...if we are going to have green tea, we are going to need some cupcakes!



Fun...

fun...

and more fun!


Thanks to the classy ladies on the block (and the wonderful friend on the main strip) for everything!  I was and continue to be so blessed by that fun night!







1 comment:

  1. So sweet. I'm so glad you have so much love and support all around you. That Grace is gonna get to have it too!

    ReplyDelete